Thermoforming is the process of shaping plastic to create blisters and countertop displays used in the medical, luxury cosmetics, automotive, and food sectors, among others. Today, thermoformed products are widespread and play a significant role in our daily lives.
Companies looking to purchase plastic thermoformed products can rely on the 40-plus years of experience from Gruppo Niada, one of the world’s leading companies in offering thermoforming solutions and 100% Italian quality thermoformed products.
Features and uses of vacuum thermoforming
Vacuum thermoforming is a production process used to create plastic products by combining heat and negative pressure. It is a common technique used in the manufacturing industry to produce complex-shaped plastic products like packaging, containers, trays, wraps, and many other items.
The vacuum thermoforming process involves several steps. Initially, a plastic film is heated until it becomes flexible. This film is then placed over a mold shaped to the desired final product. A vacuum is created between the plastic film and the mold, typically using a vacuum pump, to draw out the air and make the plastic adhere to the mold.
Once the plastic sheet fits the mold perfectly, it is rapidly cooled to solidify. At this point, the thermoformed product can be removed from the mold.
Vacuum thermoforming has several advantages over other production processes. It can produce plastic products with intricate details and complex shapes. It’s also a relatively quick and efficient process, enabling the production of large batches. Moreover, vacuum thermoforming can work with various plastics, including polystyrene, PET, PVC, and many others.
This process is widely used across several industries like packaging, electronics, medical, and automotive to craft a broad range of plastic products tailored to specific client needs.
Advantages of vacuum thermoforming
Compared to other molding processes, vacuum thermoforming has numerous benefits:
● Use of cost-effective materials and the ability to carry out the process in a short time;
● Works with many plastic types;
● Achieves minimal thicknesses and complex surfaces not possible with other methods;
● Flexible production;
● Customizable design.
Especially, purchasing a vacuum thermoformed product from NBC Niada allows businesses to gain benefits in terms of:
- Design flexibility: Vacuum thermoforming can craft products with complex shapes and intricate details. It can create products with thin walls, rounded edges, curved surfaces, and other features that might be hard to achieve with other production methods.
- Reduced mold costs: Compared to other manufacturing methods like plastic injection, vacuum thermoforming requires less expensive molds.
- Production speed: Vacuum thermoforming is generally a quick and efficient process. After mold preparation and heating the plastic film, the forming cycle typically takes just a few minutes, enabling large product quantities in a short period.
- Customization: Vacuum thermoforming allows plastic products to be tailored to specific client needs. Changes in design, size, and product details can be made without significant mold alterations.
Equipment for vacuum thermoforming typically costs less than for other production processes like plastic injection, making it more accessible for small to medium businesses aiming to produce plastic items.
Sustainable thermoforming with NBC Niada
Combining professionalism with on-field experience, attention to every request, cutting-edge research tools, and advanced technologies, guarantees a final product that fully meets the needs of those who, since 1975, have relied on NBC Niada for recyclable plastic blisters and thermoforms. Choose environmentally beneficial sustainable thermoformed products.
Contact us for more information and to purchase thermoforms crafted with the vacuum technique.